I have all the vaccines!

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

I have all the vaccines!

Post by bio » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:34 am

I went to my Dr. yesterday for my once every 3 month "pee in a jar to make sure you're taking your meds and you're doing it right because after 20 years of everything being perfect, we still don't trust you" meeting. While I was there, I asked if I could get a flu shot and a booster for COVID. Apparently, the answer was yes.

He did ask why I thought I needed a booster for COVID and I told him A: I have a chronic condition and B: the CDC keeps sending me txt messages asking if I've done it yet. He was instantly "Well, if the CDC thinks you need one, lets do it!". Luckily they had the Moderna in stock, so I was able to get that (it's what I got initially for the first 2 shots).

Today, both my arms hurt like hell and I'm starting to feel kinda shitty, but at least I'm mostly bulletproof for the time being. Yay!
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Re: I have all the vaccines!

Post by eddiecanuck » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:46 am

Nice, we got our flu shots last month.
I'm still waiting to be eligible for the booster for Pfizer. I'm curious if I go in if they'll just give it to me, but I also don't want to be "that guy" that jumps the line. So for now I wait.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:31 am

eddiecanuck wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:46 am ...but I also don't want to be "that guy" that jumps the line.
Yeah... that's kinda how I got my first dose. I was taking your step mom in for her first shot and didn't ask for one myself (I was 2 years under the age limit). One of the administrators approached me and asked if I'd like to get vaccinated as well since I was already there. I told them I was under the current age guidelines, but she said they had extra and told me to sit the hell down and roll up my sleeve.

I wasn't going to argue.
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:43 pm

To me that's different. If a medical professional were to offer me the booster when I was in office on an unrelated issue, I'd accept as well. But to just go in unprompted, for me, is not something I'm comfortable with at this point.

Now if I hear more about shots going to waste because people aren't getting them, then hell yeah, I'm going down there.
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:26 pm

I got my booster in August, exactly four days before the CDC released their protocols for how they would start dispensing them. I love my students but I don't trust them to not try to kill me through negligence. Not I'm wondering how long the booster is good for.

:circle: :clap:
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:55 am

I suspect we're going to need to do this every 6 months to a year from now until eternity, because people are unbelievably fucking stupid/lazy/selfish. As long as there's a subset of the population that refuses to wear a mask in public spaces when there's a mask mandate (and many retailers have given up fighting with them) pandemic is here to stay. They'll blame the President for their own inactions, leaving themselves free from responsibility.

Sadly, these are the same people who claim themselves to be "patriots", yet they refuse to do the bare minimum to protect themselves, their community, or their country from this pandemic. They deserve zero respect.
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:50 am

Totally agree.
Need to get my booster scheduled now that it's been approved. My wife and I were being fairly cautious up until now because of our 6 year old grand son. But now that he's eligible we definitely go out more. We still wear our masks, but I'm slightly less annoyed at those who don't. I love my friends and would hate to see any of them die from this, but that's their choice.
I know a couple people who won't get vaccinated. I also know some that did, but won't get the booster. That one baffles me. How is the booster any worse?
And now, ANOTHER variant. No end in sight. Hopefully things don't shut down again.