Depeche No-ed

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
miftah
le moth

Depeche No-ed

Post by miftah » Fri May 12, 2006 1:21 pm

So the other night I went to see one of Tone and I's favorite bands in KC. I've been sort of underwhelmed with the prospect because, well, I've seen them a lot and really there's only so many times you can hear the hits before it becomes a little boring. Be careful what you wish for. It turns out I got sort of a one-off sort of show anyway as Dave Gahan had to step out early due to a case (apparently) of laryngitis. This resulted in another half-hour of Martin Gore singing about five songs, which was fine with me because I prefer his songs anyway. The show closer should be familiar with a few on this board.

Kansas City (short show due to laryngitis)

> Intro
> A Pain That I'm Used To
> A Question Of Time
> Suffer Well
> Precious
> Walking In My Shoes
> Stripped
> Home
> It Doesn't Matter Two
> Leave In Silence
> A Question Of Lust
> Somebody
> Damaged People

And incidentally, Leave In Silence was AWESOME. Sung against nothing but a piano. AMAZING. It Doesn't Matter Two was sung with a traditional rock band format and as if it were some torch song, different even from how they did it last tour. Fantastic.

Incidentally, they're selling CDs of the shows on this tour. I wasn't going to but when the show went wacky, I went ahead and bought one. I can only guess I'll need to make a back-up of it when it arrives in a few weeks. Especially since the show was a one of a kind.

Oh and She Wants Revenge were underwhelming live. The records grown on me a lot, but live they were just sort of bland and dull. If you were looking to get something out of them, I'm sure they provide it. Mostly they seem to just be there to facilitate hipsters thinking a lot of themselves. Which is fucking dull to everyone else.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Fri May 12, 2006 1:34 pm

YOU TOTALLY SUCK!

And I'm all kinds of jealous! :-)
"That's What"
- She
baldy
Limey boy

Post by baldy » Fri May 12, 2006 2:07 pm

wow Depeche Mode and rock mentioned in the same post.... what is the world coming to! :lol:
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Sat May 13, 2006 1:06 pm

Tone, you need to get the Devotional DVD and make Baldy sit through it. A rocking Depeche is not a new concept, believe it or not.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance