Podcasts

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
ZIPPER
fly guy

Podcasts

Post by ZIPPER » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:46 pm

I recently bought a MP3 player to use a work. After a month of use I started getting bored with my own music and the local radio stations here. I have found that there is thousands of feeds out there but only a few that might be worth listening to. I was hoping that the forum users could help with finding the good content out there.

Try to give a brief synopsis of the show. Is it broadcast on a daily, weekly, or whenever schedule. How long the typical program lasts and possibly a web page or podcast feed link.

My pick is "The Geoff Show". This is a M-TH night call in comedy/talk show. Geoff Lloyd is a veteran radio DJ at Virgin Radio UK and very big Beatle fan. He is helped by his "consortium" Annabel and Toni. Geoff tells all about his awkwardness in this world and invites callers to call in and share theirs. They have 101 different topics for caller to phone in about and new ones that they discover daily.

The podcast runs around 1 hour with the short musical breaks removed for copyright reasons.
A link to the web page is here and the feed link is: http://www.virginradio.co.uk/djsshows/shows/pgbreakfast/podcast.xml
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help. " -- Ronald Reagan
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:24 pm

While it's not a podcast, if you're looking for some new musica, I heartly suggest mrmoth.

Of course, I also suggest ATP, the Echoing Green, and Doll Factory.

But hell... that's just me.
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:16 pm

If you're into personal finances, I listen to the Dave Ramsey show. He basically has put together this system to help people get out of debt and build their own personal wealth. There is a bit of a religious feel to it, but the main focus is on getting out of debt. Now I'm into it hook line and sinker (and yes it is working for me very well), but even if you are not bad off financially the stories people call in with on how they got themselves into the situations they are in is pretty damn funny. Anyway, he podcasts the first hour of his 3 hour show. Just a warning, there are quite a few commercials. Take it or leave it, just a suggestion.

I do have some video podcasts I subsribe to as well, but you only mentioned MP3s.