<<psst>> Hey Eddie...

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
miftah
le moth

<<psst>> Hey Eddie...

Post by miftah » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:40 pm

"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm

eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:29 pm

yeah, saw those today. Still iffy on this one. Could be great or they could blow it. The director seems like the right choice, he did well on X-men. Just worried about the script.
For those who haven't heard, the idea is that this will take place about 5-6 years after the end of Superman II. Supes has taken a hiatus from heroing on Earth and comes back (hence Superman Returns). So I'm not sure about the idea that we are supposed to accept that Superman and Lois Lane are younger looking now than they were at the end of Superman II. And that this younger Lois has a kid. But it could still work well. I mean they did nab Spacey for Luthor and that is a wicked pic of him in character. Luckily there is more to come.
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:36 pm

What's weird about the Spacey pic is that I bounce between thinking it just looks like Bald Spacey, and thinking it looks a lot like Gene Hackman. As a bridge between the series, he's going to be pretty good.

I wouldn't worry to much about the script. Singer is pretty good about rewriting onset if its crap dialogue. He lets actors feel their parts rather than read them. If we're talking about continuity, well, there's no getting around the fact that there's 25 years between leaving off of II and this one. Continuity is going to have to be married to suspension of disbelief in order to make this function at all. That and the complete purging of the old cast. Besides, they were obviously casting young enough to run this franchise out at least 10 years. Longevity seems an important factor here (and one that the new landlords of X-Men are becoming frighteningly aware of).