War of the worlds

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
Painted

War of the worlds

Post by Painted » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Good movie...has you thinking what will happen next. My friend and I were literally on the edge of our seats...and she was suffocating my hand.
Eve
Aussie Stalker Babe

Post by Eve » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:27 pm

God bless the Internet.

I watched it last night courtesy of the theatre at alt.binaries.movies.divx :wink:

Scary as hell and the sound was fabulous. Had a wind-storm coming from my sub-woofer!

Definitely worth the watch.
Locked in a room with you, 2 tigers and a gun with 2 bullets, I'd shoot you twice.
Grumpy Old Woman.
mudflap
semi accessory

Post by mudflap » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:06 pm

Fantastic flick, I didn't think I'd like it since I'm not a Tom Cruise fan and I don't care for movies made from books (moreover remakes of movies made from books). I was really suprised though, I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

And shame on you Eve, stealing from the rich hollywood bastards! :)
Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:19 pm

Ok.. you convinced me.

I'm going this weekend :-)
"That's What"
- She
Eve
Aussie Stalker Babe

Post by Eve » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:37 pm

bio wrote:Ok.. you convinced me.

I'm going this weekend :-)
I'm not saying it's the next 2001, A Space Odyssey or anything, cuz there's probably a alot of things you could pick at, but if you "go with the flow" and enjoy it for the entertainment, I thoroughly recommend it.

You can't often go wrong with Speilberg :)
Locked in a room with you, 2 tigers and a gun with 2 bullets, I'd shoot you twice.
Grumpy Old Woman.
Moxie
forum courtesean

Post by Moxie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:51 am

I really liked it! I'm not much of a Tom Cruise fan, either, but I thought this was a very well done movie.
"Eccentrics are individuals whose rich imaginations outstrip their
surroundings." -Lord Whimsy
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:54 pm

Heh, Depp creeps my wife out in "Charlie" as well and she is a HUGE Depp fan. If I hadn't grabbed her first she would have married him. :)

I think it looks hilarious.
ironpants
metal butt

Post by ironpants » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:09 pm

I'm a bit confused about this movie:

Now since Tom Cruise is a Scientologist, wouldn't it be a conflict of religious interest to play a role in a movie where you have to destroy the beloved Aliens that are inhabiting our souls?

:D
"The age demanded that we sing, and cut away our tongue. The age demanded that we flow, and hammered in the bung. The age demanded that we dance, and jammed us into iron pants. And in the end the age was handed the sort of shit that it demanded."
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:13 pm

ironpants wrote:...wouldn't it be a conflict of religious interest to play a role in a movie where you have to destroy the beloved Aliens that are inhabiting our souls?
Moral delemas like that only arise when the founder of your "religion" is also a B-rated sci-fi author.

<insert me rolling my eyes here>
"That's What"
- She
Painted

Post by Painted » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:41 pm

I am not a Tom Cruise fan either. But all in all good movie. Saturday the boyfriend and I are going to see Charley and the Chocolate Factory...also I need to pick up the Harry Potter book they are selling. No comments on that please. In the movie I think that Johnny Depp looks like a child molester...but that is just me.
Painted

Post by Painted » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:43 pm

Unmmm...very confused...Ok for some reason it posted my comment that I made at your house in the "what's your take" section at the bottom and said I posted at 9:41pm on the 12th....it's not even 10:41pm (due to the weird thing with daylight savings that's what it would be) But it posted mine last. And the comment made towards mine are above and supposedly posted before me. I don't know if it is problem with my account...but it did this at Bio's too.

*and when I try and post I get this message...and I haven't posted in a little while*

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

*edit: Ok...I am assuming since it said I posted at 9:41pm (which is 10:41pm) I had to wait til it was after 10:41pm...cause I was just able to post.*
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:23 am

Yeah, Painted's "Depp is creepy" post was originally before mine, as mine was a reply to her's. Now it's at the bottom. What up Bio?? Not that it matters too much.
Painted

Post by Painted » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:28 am

The only problem is I couldn't post til it was after 10:41pm...the supposed original time of my Depp post.
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:44 am

My guess is that it was just a weird glitch of a post. If it was a big deal we could have cut and paste the contents of the original post into a new one and moved on. But its passed. Apart from confusing me each time I opened the thread, only to find Painted's comment still at the bottom while someone else's name appeared on in the last post slot, I barely noticed it. Sort of a fluke thing I guess.

Anyway...

Tom Cruise banned from Paris! OMG!
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:51 am

It was a problem with the server time... all better now.

Nothing to see here folks, move along please.
"That's What"
- She