The Matrix: Resurrections

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
bio
Resident Junky

The Matrix: Resurrections

Post by bio » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:42 am

Let me preface this how excited i eas to hear they were making another movie in the franchise. I was even more excited knowing I could watch it at home, far away from the uneashed and infected masses. But after watching it, a I can think was "That's 2 hours and 25 minutes of my life that I will never get back".

The plot was ill conceived, the story weak and poorly executed, the editing felt like a rush job, and some of the special effects were really lacking. It felt like the main intent of the film was to simply recreate (and/or show clips of) the most iconic shots from the previous films. Characters were brought back for no reason other than give them a moment of screen time, then were forgotten for the rest of the film.

I really wanted to like it... I tried to like it... i just couldn't. My advice: skip this one.
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Re: The Matrix: Resurrections

Post by eddiecanuck » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:49 pm

I was a little bit more mixed than you, but a very little bit.
But for the most part it felt like they were almost making fun of themselves for a good part of it. They really could have done better with the execution.
I did like Neil Patrick Harris though.

Either way, I was going to watch it regardless. I read an article today that they will not be doing another one. So good news there.
Gooch
Pants Lover

Re: The Matrix: Resurrections

Post by Gooch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:21 pm

I have feelings about this.
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.