Do people think dribbles quit the forum or not?

The place to explore the age old question of "which is better?"
Pigman

Do people think dribbles quit the forum or not?

Post by Pigman » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:20 am

Poll Removed
Last edited by Pigman on Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:58 am

Not sure what your poll is for. Are you polling on whether he is still around? I believe so since I just read an update in the Barbershop Politics topic. Or are you asking if he should be removed from the forum. I'm more than happy to see him stick around as long as we don't see any other comments like the one deleted. It just all comes back around to having more than 2 brain cells and knowing where the line is and making sure you don't cross it. If you're uncertain where the line is, stay away from it, don't even go there.
Other than that I see no reason for anyone to get banned... yet :twisted:
Pigman

Post by Pigman » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:03 am

:shock:
Last edited by Pigman on Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:06 am

AH, well in that case I would have to say, IMO it depends upon which dribbles is posting. :)

As for whether they are in or out of reality, I sure as HELL ain't a good judge of that. :manic:
AsaJay
pantera pilot

Post by AsaJay » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:39 am

I say "in".

Rocketdork and I discussed this yesterday.

If everyone in this country -thought- the same way, we'd already be in a utopian world. But everyone doesn't. We have -bad people- in this world; people who would rather see you die, than live in peace next door without ever saying a word. Thankfully, we have opposing points of view on how to best deal with the "bad things". Why thankfully?

It's when those opposings points of view can come together in some meaningful way and find some common ground, we make real progress.

Unfortunately, when we get into an election year, like this year, many of us (including me I will admit) tend to put blinders on and -stop- thinking in terms of common ground and cooperation.

And then there are those who would -impose- their will on others, regardless. So it then comes to the rest of us to try and understand how to best deal with those situations. Sometimes we take risks in one direction, sometimes in another direction. I believe it's this very -risk taking- that helps us discover our future. And there are lessons to be learned from the past as well.

So although not all of us think -alike-, between all of us, we -do- educate each other, help each other see more of the world, and in those moments when we -do- collaborate on that common ground, we make strides forward.
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:53 am

I try to be extremely tolerant of most posts I disagree with. Usually, if its going a bad place for me personally, I just ignore the thread. But this is far and away the most ridiculous topic I have ever come across here.

There's no reason to talk about the guy like he can't hear you and whether you disagree with what he writes or not, it's an unkind sentiment. Yeah, the post from yesterday was out of line, but I make off-color remarks myself occasionally, and I usually feel rather guilty if anyone finds them offensive. You know damn well you set up that poll to ask if anyone else felt he should be banned.

Which is a really pussy, passive aggressive thing to do.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
Pigman

Post by Pigman » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:46 pm

miftah wrote: You know damn well you set up that poll to ask if anyone else felt he should be banned.

Which is a really pussy, passive aggressive thing to do.
Actually.. I didn't know that! :shock:

I set up the poll AFTER he said he was GONE. Wondering if he really outed himself, should he stay gone or be asked to return.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:33 pm

People can post pretty much anything, so long as they show common sense and follow the forum rules (both of which are often mutually exclusive). If they post something that's not quite up to par, it's edited or deleted by the admins (eddie and I). This has been done a few times to a few different people.

I'm pulling administrative right here: We're not playing Survivor, so there will be no vote, nor will there be a discussion on it. This is just a forum... it's not real, nor is it important. We're just here to have fun.

Game on!
"That's What"
- She
dribbles
hot dog

Post by dribbles » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:55 am

aww crap. i missed all the fun.

so, what went wrong?

8) - i don't get offended with internet forums. you really have to be a meanie to offend me.

nobody told me what i did wrong OK the boobs thing when i look back is :shock: . but its not something i would cry about. i deleted all my posts in the political thread.

uhh... i do appreciate the people from WW2, korea, gulf war. i'm just more into the peace n' stuffs. if u had to ride the train i ride/stand on for the last your you would want a cut back on military spending :).
dribbles
hot dog

Post by dribbles » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:14 am

now i understand, kind of :?

i meant i'm quitting early (friday i posted that) as of monday night i am unable to post.

i no longer wanted to have the political discussions. aside from checking my e-mail i was going to leave the computer alone.

not quitting and i hate you. then on my way out i'll offend mudflap and pigman and i'm not comming back.

it was meant that i am unable to post because i'll be to busy.

i think everyone is confused here.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:34 pm

And to be fair to pigman, his poll was simply "Do people think dribbles quit the forum or not".

Knee-jerk reactions all the way around (I'm as guilty as anyone else).
"That's What"
- She
ironpants
metal butt

Post by ironpants » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:31 pm

wait just one danged minute!

You mean to tell me someone (possibly) insulted mudflap and it wasn't me!?

Someone's gonna pay!

Alright everyone, it's a forum, not real life, step away from the keyboard and put your hands where I can see 'em!
"The age demanded that we sing, and cut away our tongue. The age demanded that we flow, and hammered in the bung. The age demanded that we dance, and jammed us into iron pants. And in the end the age was handed the sort of shit that it demanded."