Hey, what's up? I like No Man's Sky btw

A place for anything and everything.
zzottt
obsessive regular

Hey, what's up? I like No Man's Sky btw

Post by zzottt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:39 pm

It's cold out. I think I might buy a hardtop convertible regardless of the weather. It's probably going to be a BMW or a Mercedes because hardtop. Plus they do heated seats and sometimes cooled.

Hell yeah! That sounds lovely.

Someday I'll be going through the center of the galaxy in my no man's sky permanent death save. It's the hardest achievement in the game and my save is at 100 hours over a couple years. I can't even count how many times I have died. Then one day I started again and I spawned on an extreme radiation planet. After about 20 minutes and barely living through the first storm, some dude landed near me and built a craft spawn, for the motorcycle thing. He gave me a bunch of sodium for my shields and wished me good luck. He totally helped me get started! So now I'm less than 200k light years from the center and my freighter can jump 2000ly. Black holes can get 5-9k. So hopefully only a couple more hours! I do check out planets some jumps and tempt fate by killing sentinels because it's fun. I have all the body and shield upgrades to the best S plus a bunch of black market goodies. My shotgun is maxed out. Plus I can survive an oops with the grenade. But it's been hairy a couple times. If I died now, not sure if I could start again!

It's probably been the most enjoyable frustrating video game adventure of all time for me. I have been playing No Man's Sky since the minutes of the difficult launch. I have always just loved it. The mystery and expanse was amazing. Each patch adding more and recreating itself without losing the central do it yourself at your own speed space fantasy. I especially love how the adventure with Apollo is about the way real world response the fans had to the game.

One cool fun fact, initially the reddit fans of the game were mad about it. It was toxic on the official sub. But a small subreddit, r/ nomanshigh, that started as pot smokers who play nms became the place to share info and enjoy the game with other people. https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/12/12453 ... -mans-high
I joined it for that reason when it was like 50 people total. We made a safe place where people who liked the game could hang out without trolls hating on the game. Time goes by and the creator of the game made a Twitter comment

That next patch introduced NipNip
https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/NipNip :lol:

There's another tweet about a gift to the subreddit but I can't find it right now. I could probably find it if I was smoking the devil's lettuce.
bio
Resident Junky

Re: Hey, what's up? I like No Man's Sky btw

Post by bio » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:14 pm

zzottt wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:39 pm That next patch introduced NipNip
https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/NipNip :lol:
LOL! That's a developer with a sense of humor!

I've logged 525.5 hours in NMS as well, though I came to the game much later than you. I noticed that my son was playing it and he said it was pretty good, so I purchased it and began my journey to the center of the solar system. Of course, like every game I buy because other people are playing it, my son immediately quit NMS in favor for something else, but I continued on, finding others to explore the universe with.

I've really enjoyed how they keep adding serious updates to the game, fixing bugs, updating graphics, and adding content... for free. This just brings more players, and more creativity into the mix, leading to more fun!

I've also enjoyed playing with both you and the Gooch, though I haven't done as much recently, but the latest update has me interested in revisiting the game once again to see what's new in the universe (it's a lot!).
"That's What"
- She
Gooch
Pants Lover

Post by Gooch » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:52 pm

I think we need to find a new planet and start from
Scratch again.
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:18 pm

I'm down!
"That's What"
- She