I went "pew pew" today

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

I went "pew pew" today

Post by bio » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:20 pm

I'm not normally a big gun guy. I'm not a fan of what people do with them, or what they do to people. Virtually 100% of of that opinion comes from my time as a combat medic in the US Army. However, I used to be quite proficient with them back in the day. I grew up on a farm where shooting various weapons was a near daily occurrence, and I will, when invited, go do target shooting with friends.

Today was one of those days.

My son and the Gooch (my faux son) picked me up around 1:00 pm to go to the range. We had to make a quick stop at the gun shop as my son had his 1940's era Soviet 1891/30 Mosin Nagant 7.62 (which may have been used against the Nazi's durring WWII) in to get the sight calibrated with a laser. We also brought a few other rifles, a couple of .22's, something else that was stupid loud (and turned your shoulder in to hamburger), and a repeater of some kind or another. The gun range was booked solid, so we ended up going to my son's brother-in-law's property up in Deer Park where firing rifles is a daily part of life.

The .22 was horribly inaccurate, and I didn't fire my daughter-in-laws arm tenderizer, but I did send a few rounds from the Mauser downrange.

The range: there's a couple of targets (and a teen who was trying to insert himself into my photo). One (on the right side of the road) is 50 yards, the other (on the left side... way the hell down the road) is 100 yards. I shot the Mosin at the bottom of 3 targets at the 100 yard position.
range.jpg
My grouping: I fired 4 rounds from 100 yards and those are the 4 inside the circle. Not bad for a guy who wears trifocals. The one above and to the right was from the hamburger shoulder rifle and I think Gooch fired it.
grouping.jpg
I think I fired a total of 8 rounds the whole time we were there (4 rounds at each position), but it was a lot of fun and I had a great time hanging out with my eldest and the Gooch. Oh... my eldest and his wife fed me afterward (home made pulled pork sandwiches and OMFG AMAZING!!! potato salad), so I had dinner with them and all 5 of my grandchildren too, so that was awesome! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"That's What"
- She
zzottt
obsessive regular

Re: I went "pew pew" today

Post by zzottt » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:33 am

I too have mixed feelings about firearms but enjoy a good target shooting

Good looking groupings

👍
Gooch
Pants Lover

Post by Gooch » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:25 pm

My groups were ass. I played with the .22 more than anything. I didn’t realize how little you shot, Bio! Should have said something you polite motherfucker.
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Gooch wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:25 pmI didn’t realize how little you shot, Bio! Should have said something you polite motherfucker.
I was perfectly happy with my amount of participation, so there was nothing to say. Again... I'm not big on firearms, but I do enjoy hanging with my boys. Of that, I got a lot! 😃
"That's What"
- She
Gooch
Pants Lover

Post by Gooch » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:16 pm

Today, too! I had fun this weekend. Let’s do this more!
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.