obsessive regular

Rest in peace RGB

Post by zzottt » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:56 pm

We are fucked.
miftah
le moth

Re: Rest in peace RGB

Post by miftah » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:38 am

If we get the Senate back we could potentially hold Kavaknob to account for the copious perjury he committed during his confirmation and get him removed from the seat. It's a long shot but it could happen. I'd also like Biden to expand the court by four seats (within his power). It's also a long shot. We're not fucked, but we will be if we play fairly and not by the rules that McConnell has been copiously pulling out of his ass for the last 12 years.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
zzottt
obsessive regular

Post by zzottt » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am

I like your optimism.

The Orangtard has a lot of room to wreck the place before Biden can do anything. The level of asshatery that Senator Turkeyneck* is capable of totally frightens me.

*Invader Zim reference
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Sadness.

Mcconnell has already stated that they will not be following the "election year" rule they pulled out of their ass to not vote for a replacement under Obama, and plans to push a vote for whomever Trump nominates, even though the election is barely a month and a half away.

Watch us get Ted Cruze as a replacement.

Ugh.
"That's What"
- She
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am

After processing this, I can't help but feel a great loss, helplessness, and trepidation about what the right is about to do.

If the right is able to fill the position before the election (and it appears that they're full steam ahead to do so), it will tilt the Supreme Court toward the right for decades. The damage they can do to our nation during that time is incalculable, sending us backward by decades. It also means that any attempts to bring the current Administration to justice for it's actions will evaporate.

I know I'd prefer to not do politics on this board because they can be toxic, but this one is really bothering me.
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:11 am

An 11 member court is an inevitability. I've been hearing even conservatives say that since Obama's first term.

If we boil it down, what McConnell did in 16 with Merrick Garland should have had criminal consequences. The sober second thought of the people has been drunk ever since he took leadership of his party. In a grave circumspection of what he's put the country through, I hope he sees history's condemnation. Whether he's alive for that or not. Our thinking of governance can't tolerate his philosophy without the same, fascistic outcome. He's plainly anti-Democracy. And I think sincere Republicans, in private candor, would agree with that.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance