I'm an idiot

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

I'm an idiot

Post by bio » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

For those of you who use facebook, you've already seen this... but I want to make it so anyone who googles dvdentertainmentshop.com is warned.

For my birthday, I ordered myself a copy of Stargate SG-1, "The Complete Series" from that website. I had found them via an add from facebook. They were selling it for $50 less than I was able to find it anywhere else and I jumped on the it immediately.

I became suspicious when I received an email from them with my tracking number.... it was shipped from China (the movie piracy capitol of the world). When it arrived yesterday, I became even more suspicious when I opened it up. The box looks legit, but the contents were shoddily packaged and the print on the DVD's looked kinda crappy. After putting in 3 of the DVD's (chosen at random from the 54 in the box set), it became apparent that they are bootlegs... the sound and picture quality aren't very good.

So... being the fascist that I am.... I called the MPAA in Los Angeles, CA and spoke to Bob in the internet department. Apparently, dvdentertainmentshop.com is a known shipper of bootleg DVD's. They seemed shocked that I found them via a facebook add, but said there wasn't much I could do.

I contacted paypal to dispute the charge, but their reply was that they only deal with people who never receive a product, not with sellers who market bootleg products. My bank won't help either.

So... lesson learned, moving on... a little wiser now.

In a nutshell.... do not buy from dvdentertainmentshop.com. While you will get what they sell... what they sell isn't what you want.
"That's What"
- She
Gooch
Pants Lover

Re: I'm an idiot

Post by Gooch » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Good thing I'm broke! I don't have to worry about such things. Also, I have a blu-ray player. I should look into that instead of DvD's. PS3's are cool, but I have yet to get any good games. : \
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:52 pm

You should say that you never received the product. What is the company going to do? Sue you?
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 am

I wish... sadly, I had to sign for the package.

But with my experience, if I ever decide to sell sweetened grape flavored heroin to 3rd graders, I'm definitely going to use paypal! So long as the kids get the smack, there's nothing that paypal will do.
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:34 am

Just make sure you advertise on Facebook. All the cool kids use it. You'll make a ton of cash.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 am

word!
"That's What"
- She