Bun in the Oven

A place for anything and everything.
Deater
PB&J Pimp

Bun in the Oven

Post by Deater » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:01 pm

OK, I know it's been slow around here, but I wanted to spread the good news out to everyone, Kara and I just got married in the beginning of September, and now she has failed/passed several of those home pregnancy tests (she tested positive). So...it looks like there will be a little Deater running around this world before too long.

I'll provide updates and picture's, whether you guys like it or not. ;) I hope to teach him/her all sorts of cool things, but I guess it will just be whatever it be in the end. It'll have all kinds of exposure to video games, technology, RC helicopter flying, math, Lost, etc., hopefully it'll like at least one of those things. :)

Either way, I'm excited, because I love kids and I think they will be fun. Now I get to play with toys and I have an excuse. he he. :lol: :lol:

Any of you experienced parents have advice for a new papa?
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! :dance:
mudflap
semi accessory

Re: Bun in the Oven

Post by mudflap » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Congrats!!

:dance:
Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick
bugfreezer
Arthropoda Cryogenicist

Post by bugfreezer » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:00 am

Way to go!

Congrats!

As for advice, make sure that li'l Deater/Deatette is regarded as a blessing and not a nuisance, esp. when stuff gets tough (because it will at times).
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:22 pm

w00t!!!! Congrats to the both of you!!

As for advice: teach him/her the alphabet backward, tell them them that red is green, blue is orange (etc), and come up with your own language to teach the little beastie.

The first day of class, he/she will raise his/her hand and say "My I ya momma dog face in the banana patch?" That's the easiest way to get them in a special class!
"That's What"
- She
Deater
PB&J Pimp

Post by Deater » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:58 am

:lol: :lol: Bio, that cracked me up. Sad thing is, I'm almost tempted to do those things.

Bugfreezer and mudflap, thank you both for the congrats. I'm sure I will find the kid to be more of a blessing than a pain in the butt, I love kids, except I've always been able to hand them off to their parents when they got out of hand.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! :dance:
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

Congrats. That's awesome news.

My advice? Hmm, patience. For you, your kid and your wife. It can be easy to get caught up in things. Don't be afraid to take a step back and calm down when things get crazy. And maybe work out a night schedule, be it shifts, alternate nights, whatever. Best to have some sort of plan going in. Not that you won't have to adapt as needed. :) If your wife can see and know you're doing your fair share of helping out, it will go a long way.

Those first few months while getting everyone into a schedule and getting the baby into a fully night's sleep are the tough ones. But once that's over and you all are getting a full night, it's much, much better.