A final word to the gloved one.

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

A final word to the gloved one.

Post by bio » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:39 pm

In case you've been locked in a closet: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson all died within 48 hours of each other.

Ed was just old, Farrah succumbed to cancer, and Michael died of cardiac arrest.

While Ed and Farrah were no surprise, Michael's death came as a bit of a shock to me. I've always had a soft spot for him.

Like many child celebrities, he had his issues, and grew up to be both a very talented performer and extremely eccentric.

I believe that he was the target of scammers when it came to the child abuse allegations (the Mother in the 1993 case that was settled out of court made a living by suing people and companies). Sadly, by paying off the first accusation, he painted a big target on himself for those who would take advantage of his celebrity status and his wealth. In 2005 he was found not guilty when someone tried it again. He ended up losing everything fighting the battles, and was hard pressed to find places to let him perform (even Las Vegas turned him down).

I, for one, regret that his reputation and career were destroyed in the court of public opinion.

Rest easy, Michael... they can't take from you any more.
"That's What"
- She