Pandora

A place for anything and everything.
Rocketdork
A.B. Normal

Pandora

Post by Rocketdork » Tue May 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Just discovered it, great way to fill the day with music.
"A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons"
Deater
PB&J Pimp

Re: Pandora

Post by Deater » Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 am

You JUST discovered Pandora?! That's a -1 for nerd cred and for music cred.

No, but really, Pandora is a great little music app. I've got the app on the iPod touch, so I get some great music, whatever genre I want, wherever I have a WiFi signal, which is just about everywhere I go.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! :dance:
Rocketdork
A.B. Normal

Post by Rocketdork » Wed May 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Yeah, I'm behind the times when it comes to internet "radio". I've got LOTS of music ripped onto my PC, so I find myself listening to it most of the time.
"A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons"
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Wed May 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Rocketdork wrote:Yeah, I'm behind the times when it comes to internet "radio". I've got LOTS of music ripped onto my PC, so I find myself listening to it most of the time.
I'm in the same category as you, Rocketdork. I have one or two songs on my pc (ok... 7,241 songs or 512 hours, 9 minutes and 33 seconds worth). I could listen to it for 3 weeks before I heard the same file again.

With that much music, I pretty much just listen to what I have for the most part. Of course, I'm constantly adding to it (my wife will hear something she likes and I'll buy the CD and add it to the collection).

Oh... and yes... I actually own the physical CD for almost every track.
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Wed May 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Me too. I'm too much of a control freak to cede control of what plays. Its a character defect (as well as, like Bio, a byproduct of having too many CDs).

My iTunes drive was upgraded to 1TB at Christmas, is nearing half-capacity, and the 80GB ipod classic I swore I would never fill is ~300Mb away. I've been slowly moving to an hdd library (with the original silvers to act as the back-up), ripping Apple Lossless for the library as the fancy gets tickled. I'm getting there but reckon I'm still only halfway through. I run 256 AACs on my ipod for the most part, but may scale back now that available capacity is getting thinner.

Updating Genius results usually takes an hour. If it finishes with the update at all before I'm finished with iTunes.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
Gooch
Pants Lover

Post by Gooch » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:16 pm

I've been using Pandora for quite awhile. (Pretty sure I'm a little late on the post!) I love it. I've discovered so many new bands that I didn't know I liked. Its not only a great way to listen to music, but also an awesome way to find new music!
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.