Sorry about my absence

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

Sorry about my absence

Post by bio » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Sorry I haven't been here much as of late.

I haven't been feeling well and this whole disability insurance thing has been nothing but a huge pile of stress. I haven't done much of anything online as of late (as my much neglected blog will attest).

As for the insurance thing... I requested, and was sent, all the documentation that my insurance company had (including internal notes and such). It's easy to see why things went sideways.

There was a screw up from my doctors office (that you know about), but they quickly corrected that. What really screwed me was the insurance company had someone horrifically under qualified (and who had no grasp of the english language) review my case and make a recommendation.

The person in question was a registered nurse by trade, and read my doctors note of "incomple pain relief" as "in complete pain relief" (drastically different things). She also interpreted "l4-5 degenerative facet arthrosis" to mean a "back sprain". She ignored the sciatica and asymmetric sensory peripheral neuropathy all together (the words must have been too big).

My case worker became myopic at that point and ignored everything that my doctor, physiatrist, and neurologist had to say about it and went solely with the findings by the RN.

I do have an appeal filed with them, and the records made by the new claims manager seem promising so far (she actually seems to understand big words and knows the difference between "incomplete" and "in complete"). We're going to give them the go ahead to start the review process next friday after I see my doctor again. I was told that they'll have a decision made within 10 - 15 days after that.

Perhaps once I get that shit off my back, I'll feel a bit more like socializing again.
"That's What"
- She
Deater
PB&J Pimp

Re: Sorry about my absence

Post by Deater » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:34 pm

Wow, you'd think they would have a system for separating the "incomplete" from the "in complete" thing considering they are so different.

Well we all hope you feel better soon Bio because you have a great sense of humor that has highlighted several of my past days. Don't let the pain get you down. Heck, all of these idiots handling your case might end up leaving you with some good material. The "(in)complete" thing has potential.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! :dance:
mudflap
semi accessory

Re: Sorry about my absence

Post by mudflap » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 am

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough go lately. I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

Hang in there kiddo.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick