My Doctor may have screwed me

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

My Doctor may have screwed me

Post by bio » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:38 am

Apparently, my fucking doctor made a huge mistake.

He told my disability insurance company that he's released me back to work. Um... no he didn't!! He's confused me with another of his patients (he sees a lot of damn people).

If this stops my payments from the insurance company, I'll be homeless shortly.

Anyone out there have a couch big enough for a family of 4?

I'm still on the drugs, and there's no end in sight for that. They make me sleepy and I'm high as hell all damn day (going back to work and writing code isn't going to work).

Fuck!
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Re: My Doctor may have screwed me

Post by miftah » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:20 am

I disbelieve that this cannot be reversed. If not, I recommend you immediately see a lawyer. They call cases like yours "bleeders."
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Wow, that is a MAJOR screw up. I hope he corrects it ASAP. Or if he is going to release you back to work, then he'd better fix you dammit!!
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:40 am

Trust me when I say that if there was any way that I could do my job, I'd be back in my cubicle in 2 seconds flat! This whole sitting on my ass all day gig sucks balls.

I believe that my doctor's nurse put in an emergency call with the insurance company to set things straight. This isn't the first time that he's screwed up on me though, and I'm now seeking a new doctor. He also has refused to even consider some treatment options that would get me back to work as well (the pain pump, for example).

They install a pump under the skin with a line that goes directly into your spinal cord. It gives you a constant stream of medication in micrograms (instead of the oral milligrams that I currently take). This means that you are pain free and clear headed. I could drive again, ride a motorcycle, and work.

Bah...
"That's What"
- She
Encap
Mourner of flies

Post by Encap » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Daks used to do telemetry stuff with intrathecal pumps.

Specifically Baclofen. She said it was pretty amazing treatment for severe spasticity. She said she would see patients come in with curled limbs that they couldn't control, then after some therapy, they actually had some returned motor function.

Pretty amazing stuff.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:43 pm

I got a call from my disability insurance company today.

They've suspended payments pending an investigation. I guess I'm screwed for a bit. Thankfully I've been hording money like a regular Silas Marner for a while now.

Just... fuck.
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:53 pm

I hate insurance companies. Insurance executives are the new lawyers.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 am

Crap, that really sucks.
We are still fighting our insurance company for a $27,000 bill for our son's birth and stay in the NICU. It really is a messed up system.
Deater
PB&J Pimp

Post by Deater » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 am

Just like so many things out there that started to help people that has become a business. If you don't have insurance, the doctors don't want to see you. Even the drug companies that are supposed to help people, they make so many drugs with so many side effects. If something comes along that is going to help, or even cure people, the Drug Administration would be sure to stop it. If there's something out there that can cure cancer, why would they want people to have it? Then they wouldn't spend thousands of dollars every year on drugs to keep stable.

Has anyone heard of Robert Royal Rife? This dude came up with a machine that killed cancer cells by transmitting a signal across them at a specific frequency, causing them to burst like water balloons. A few treatments of this and a lot of people were cured. Could very well have been the cure for cancer. What happened to him? The government controlled drug companies destroyed his research and his machines. Now they are making billions from people who suffer from cancer, such a shame.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! :dance:
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:26 pm

They finally got shit straightened out in insurance land.

After many phone calls and faxed letters from my doctor stating that it was a transcription error, they've finally reinstated my payments.

Thank God!!

Apparently, after I see my doctor, he talks into a recorder about the visit. The tape then goes to the transcription department where they enter what the doctor said into my record. It was the transcription department that made the mistake and entered the wrong data into my record. I believe my doctor exploded in their general direction.

So on this point, at least, life is good.

Oh... and I also now have a handicap permit for parking. That sucks in the worst way... except when we go to the arena to watch the Shock Play (they're division champions for the 3rd year running and are currently ranked #1... off to the arena cup for us!!)
"That's What"
- She
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:12 am

Ok... scratch the above post.

The bastards at the insurance company sent me a letter stating that my coverage has been canceled. According to them, I have no pain (even though they acknowledge that I'm heavily medicated) and can return to work.

I called them and they won't listen to me, and they're ignoring the letters my doctor sent. I've followed their instructions and filed an appeal (which could take 2 months to get resolved). In the mean time, I've got zero income.

I did call HR at my old employer today, explained what has gone on and what a nightmare it's been since day one, and asked for any help they can offer. She said she would call them and look into it for me (she seemed pretty upset over it).

Fuck!
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Maybe this is just the old ruling wafting through the process, and the update is just a week behind. I'd also contact the doctor's office and see what they can do from their end, especially since this is their fuck-up.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
ZIPPER
fly guy

Post by ZIPPER » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Typical Insurance company bullshit. There all happy to take the money but real assholes when it comes time to pay. Good Luck!
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help. " -- Ronald Reagan
Rocketdork
A.B. Normal

Post by Rocketdork » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:13 am

Fight them for it...the bastards almost always reply with a denial of coverage as a first response. They'll eventually ease off and you'll get paid again. But they may never give you the money they were supposed to during the appeal process.

Get a freaking lawyer...at least you know when he has his hand in your pocket.
"A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons"
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:30 pm

I've filed an appeal, and my doctor is sending a letter to them today.

They don't even have the correct information. According to them (and what they based their decision on), I have a sprained back and am in no pain.

I wish!

Seriously... if this doesn't get fixed, I'm beyond fucked. As for getting a lawyer; how, exactly, does one do that when you have no income?
"That's What"
- She