Pox Nora

A place for anything and everything.
jc
chipotle quetzalcoatl

Pox Nora

Post by jc » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:37 pm

http://www.poxnora.com

This is a free beta for an online game. It runs in Java and is a turn-based strategy. You get a deck of 20 cards called "Runes" and reveal the runes at a set rate every round (2-4) which you can then spend your "nora" to put into play. At which points your champions become miniatures on the map and can fight, some even cast spells. You also have equipment runes that outfit your champions with a special item with bonuses. Some runes are spells, spells have targeted affects like damage and healing among others. Some runes are relics, relics are permanent structures that do something cool. The object of the game is to destroy your opponents shrine (50-150HP). It's free and pretty fun. You can test out a good and an evil starter deck and also get $50 in credit to buy more runes. (which I recommend since your starter decks don't ever level up, but the ones you buy do) As you fight battles your win/losses go on your record and your units gain XP (called Champion Points) which you can use to level up your dudes, this also makes them more expensive in terms of Nora.

It's a very fun game, I recommend it. It reminds me of Magic The Gathering meets a table top miniature game. If you join, say hi, I use the handle "Cthughua."