Hum - The Scientists

A place for anything and everything.
zzottt
obsessive regular

Hum - The Scientists

Post by zzottt » Wed May 11, 2022 6:29 am

The song is one of my favorite songs

Every instrument is just peak form with each of them getting their own moments and no real long solos. The lyrics fit the style and leave you wondering what the actual fuck is he talking about?

Its about a married scientist couple who have developed some mad drug/contraption and test it on themselves

One thing that Hum does really well is end their records. This song is at the end of the Downward is Heavenward album. Which I personally think is the best album of the 1990s. I have an elite vinyl copy of it never processed with anything digital from instruments to me. We should listen to it sometime if anyone is interested. The album wasn't originally meant to fit the vinyl record format (90s and shit) so when they redid this remastered copy it ended up being 3 sides. So the 4th is the first EP they released. And it came with a special print by one of the famous tour poster producers in Chicago

"Dear Listener:

This vinyl copy of Downward Is Heavenward was created from 1/2" analog masters that were sequenced and edited using a razor blade and splicing tape. The mastering process utilized only analog technology, with the lacquer for each side cut directly from analog masters. At no time were the stereo masters digitized.

This is not the cheapest, fastest, or easiest way to make a vinyl LP, but it's a process that I enjoy and one that provides its own special set of rewards. I hope that you enjoy the resulting unique listening experience. Making this special copy of Downward available for you, after all these years, and the enthusiasm with which it is being received, is humbling and more gratifying than you can know.

With warmest regards,

Matt Talbott
Earth Analog Records"

https://www.discogs.com/release/1296032 ... Heavenward