Beta Teams you want to be on...

Post by miftah » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:00 am

Halo 3 anyone?
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:33 pm

My eldest son is totally signing up.

Of course, I guess I'd have to buy him a XBOX 360 then, and in that lies the problem.

XBOX 360 sucks.

Ok... to be fair, all console games suck (Yeah, I'm talking to Sony and Nintendo too!). I just don't see the point of buying one... my computer (which needs an upgrade) has much higher specs.

Of course, the argument is gonna be "It's not for you... it's for your kids". My kids have better computers than I do (I should know... I built them).
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:58 am

Kinda have to disagree with ya there bio. For you and your kids maybe it doesn't make sense. But I kind of like not having to worry about if my video card will work with this game, will it install on my OS, do I have enough memory or drive space. Plus, I can rent the game before I buy it to see if it's worth it or not. Most of the games coming out now are released for the major consoles, so in most cases you can get any game.

As for upgrading, for you it's no biggie, you upgrade monthly :)
But for as much as it can cost to upgrade a computer, you can buy the latest console... provided they are in stock.

Alas, I have no Xbox 360, just the Xbox, so I'll have to wait on beta testing anything. Of course Xmas is just around the corner, and what better gift for Xmas than... an Xbox 360. :D
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:18 am

eddiecanuck wrote:Of course Xmas is just around the corner, and what better gift for Xmas than... an Xbox 360. :D
You always struck me as a Wii kind of guy :-)
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:47 am

Actually, the Wii looks really cool. I sorta want one.

Oh, and if anyone follows my rather cool relationship with video games, you'll remember that I only like them when they come with the words "Star" and "Wars" attached to them. Well, I found a new title that was totally worth my money:

Star Wars: The Best of PC

I got mine on sale for $35, which means it was five titles at $7 a piece. That's better than buying them all on cut-out which usually bottoms out at $10, if you can even find all the titles. The good news is that I'm actually playing them too. I'm through the first two campaigns in Republic Commando, which has proven to be way more fun than the demo had shown me before.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:11 pm

Heh, you said Wii.

I saw that Star Wars compilation this weekend as well. I already own 2 of th 5 titles, and Battlefront II. Good way to pick them all up though. And if you really like Knights of the Old Republic, then don't get Knights of the Old Republic II :) It's a bit of a let down compared to the first. Still fun, but story line wise, not as good.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:45 pm

I've never been much of a fan of the Star Wars games myself.

I dunno... the whole "I'm a Jedi, ph34r my l337 Jedi 5k1||z" thing never much appealed to me (then again, I think the movies are campy). Give me a good first person shooter (that doesn't use light sabers) and I'm happy.

But speaking of compilation game sets... I did pick up "Command & Conquer - The First Decade" a while back. While the older games (where were so damn cool back in the day) totally suck (this group of pixels is a soldier, that group of pixels is a jeep), the newer ones were pretty damn good (with the exception of Renegade.... that just sucked).
"That's What"
- She
baldy
Limey boy

Post by baldy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:16 pm

This week at work we will mostly be playing Worms :)
mudflap
semi accessory

Re: Beta Teams you want to be on...

Post by mudflap » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:50 pm

miftah wrote:Halo 3 anyone?
Yeah...I'm on that... :)

Pimps at Sea!!
Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick