Just started Battlestar Gallactica...

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
miftah
le moth

Just started Battlestar Gallactica...

Post by miftah » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:01 pm

I have skipped reading Eddie's post in the other thread, as I have just started the series. So far I've made it through the pilot and the first normal episode (jumping every 33 minutes). I am curious... is the entirety of this series as grim and full of dread as what I have watched? I appreciate suspense and obviously I am no Pollyanna, but it all seems a bit long on despairing at the moment. It doesn't help that the pilot was three hours long I guess, and featured the end of several worlds.

I am very interested in the philosophical/theological questions raised by what I've seen, I just don't relish sitting through five or six seasons of the futility of running from an enemy that has had 40 years to prepare its assault.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Re: Just started Battlestar Gallactica...

Post by bio » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:38 pm

miftah wrote:I am curious... is the entirety of this series as grim and full of dread as what I have watched?
Yes... it mostly is.

Of course, the main subject is a handful of survivors running from genocide, so it's going to be a bit grim.

I watched the series finale on Friday... and let me just say that it ended pretty much exactly how I predicted it would way back forever ago (the end was good, but that's about all I'm going to say about it).
"That's What"
- She