Battlestar Galactica Finale - spoilers

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Battlestar Galactica Finale - spoilers

Post by eddiecanuck » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:44 am

For those of you who watch the show regularly... what did you think of the finale??

I'm not sure I liked it, but was better than I thought they would do. I think I'll watch it again this weekend. Definitely had some twists and turns, and they seemed to answer most if not all the lingering questions out there.

Anyway, I know a few of us watch it so I thought I'd throw this out there and see what happens. I'll post my thoughts on it a little more in detail when my brain is working better.
bio
Resident Junky

Re: Battlestar Galactica Finale - spoilers

Post by bio » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 pm

There's one question they didn't answer.

If the chief was a cylon, but his first wife, Kali wasn't... then wasn't their child the first human/cylon hybrid? Why didn't they follow up on that (or did I miss an episode?).

And it ended pretty much exactly how I thought it would, though how they got to that end wasn't what I expected.
"That's What"
- She
Encap
Mourner of flies

Post by Encap » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Yea, you missed an Episode. The father turns out to be Racetrack.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Actually the father if I'm not mistaken was Hotdog right? Maybe it was Racetrack. Now I can't remember. But yeah, they (the medical staff at Cali's request) were withholding that bit of info from the Chief. It wasn't until the kid was hurt that they finally told him. He was a little pissed to say the least. :)

I've quite enjoyed the last portion of the final season. Watching them wrap things up has been pretty cool. Especially them offing Zarek (or Old Apollo as I like to call him). As a rule I'm not usually happy with series finales because they never end the way you want or usually don't close out the story lines. But I think they did a good job with this. I always figured they'd find an Earth like place so that wasn't a big surprise. Just thought they'd find a more advanced civilization, but I suppose it would be more difficult to tie them into something like that. I also found out yesterday, and maybe I'm the only one who didn't know, but Ron Moore the writer was they guy at the very end at the newspaper stand. I had no idea but thought that was a nice little addition.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 am

Encap wrote:Yea, you missed an Episode.
Ok... that makes sense.

Actually... I missed more than one, as they had it on late on Sunday nights and I had to go to work early on mondays. Also, I didn't have a working DVR at that point.
"That's What"
- She
Gooch
Pants Lover

Post by Gooch » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:34 pm

Just a little webcomic I ran into today...
If you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.
Encap
Mourner of flies

Post by Encap » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am

eddiecanuck wrote:Actually the father if I'm not mistaken was Hotdog right? Maybe it was Racetrack.
You know, the moment I read that I think you're right. Then I thought about it, and I don't know that if you put Hotdog and Racetrack in a line up, that I wouldn't select the same lanky slack jaw dude for both names.

Edit:

I had to google it, but If the father was Racetrack, that's a FILF.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Encap wrote:I had to google it, but If the father was Racetrack, that's a FILF.
Agreed.

I wasn't sure either that's why I waffled. I was just too lazy to look it up. Glad you did. :)