Vinyl is teh new OMG SEXXY!!!!

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
bio
Resident Junky

Vinyl is teh new OMG SEXXY!!!!

Post by bio » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:51 am

Got a stack of old vinyl records laying around collecting dust?

Perhaps I have just the thing for you then... the Ion USB Turntable / mp3 archiver!

OMG!!! I have around 500 albums in vinyl and have been looking for a way to get those to mp3 without spending a fortune. From the user reviews, this appears to be the one (yes, I ordered one this morning). It works on both PC and MAC.

If anyone is looking for this item, I'll be able to give my own review in a couple of weeks.
"That's What"
- She
Moxie
forum courtesean

Post by Moxie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:23 am

Also, in case you have a stack of old cassette tapes laying around, collecting dust:

Clickity

:D
"Eccentrics are individuals whose rich imaginations outstrip their
surroundings." -Lord Whimsy
bugfreezer
Arthropoda Cryogenicist

Post by bugfreezer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:39 am

Didn't I hear that Vinyl is making a comeback?
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
- Sir Winston Churchill
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:03 pm

I've been doing this from time to time, ever since I became able to record to 48,000 wav files. I then burn them to DVD. Of course, I've had a vinyl mixer hooked up to my computer almost since the day I first owned a computer.

Vinyl is making a comeback of sorts, but it won't achieve the levels its capable of until those laser turntables become affordable to the average consumer. A lot of people (myself included) don't like pop/click or turntable noise... its still a turnoff. But the 180 gram virgin vinyl releases are becoming more and more commonplace, and with the quality of those releases, you see a lot of noise issues miniimized, along with an amazing depth of frequency. In fact, I have Radiohead's new one in the mail to me right now.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
ZIPPER
fly guy

Post by ZIPPER » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:47 pm

looks like Circit City carries them and has them in stock here locally if you wanted to look at one. They also have a ton of reviews for it on their site. Customers averaged it at a 4.5 out of 5.0.
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help. " -- Ronald Reagan
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 am

ZIPPER wrote:looks like Circit City carries them and has them in stock here locally if you wanted to look at one.
I got mine from newegg.com.... $99.00 with free shipping and no sales tax. I'll have it in a few days (I can wait). The reviews on newegg were also pretty damn good, which is why I ordered this model.

I'm excited, as I have a ton of vinyl to burn (most of which can't be purchased on CD).
"That's What"
- She
Rocketdork
A.B. Normal

Post by Rocketdork » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:11 am

I've got a ton of vinyl too...let us know how this works. I've been looking at them too.
"A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons"
zzottt
obsessive regular

Re: Vinyl is teh new OMG SEXXY!!!!

Post by zzottt » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Hey Tone, you still have a good collection? Get a discogs account going. Let me see what you have.

My account is
https://www.discogs.com/user/justsomejosh