Flash Help

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
CrazyAlabamianLlama

Flash Help

Post by CrazyAlabamianLlama » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:24 am

ok so i actually did some resurch on a couple things and im still at a loss. i want to find a host site where i can upload my SWF's to but every place i have search wont work. i may be doing it wrong but i cant get it. does anyone know of a good site? and i want to make a flash web page like my myspace profile but i can figure it out. another good site for that or a breif explanation would work to i am extreamly familier with Macromedia Flash 8 and Dreamweaver 8. any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Chris
CrazyAlabamianLlama

Post by CrazyAlabamianLlama » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:57 am

ok i found a couple books and books a million. on to another thing...i was looking in to building my computer from ground up and i am looking into ATI Dual Graphics cards and i am in need of a motherboard. what on opinion would work great with the cards and be able to handel 4 gigs of RAM?
Rocketdork
A.B. Normal

Post by Rocketdork » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:22 am

CrazyAlabamianLlama wrote:i am in need of a motherboard
There are a couple of things wrong with this post...

First you have basically started a new thread in the middle of a thread of another topic. This is called Hijacking...that you've hijacked your own thread is a bit weird.

Second, there is TONS of information out on the interweb about building your own computers...find some of it. Google is a great place to start.

Third, try to ask intelligent questions. Don't ask "What mobo do I buy to build my own computer" ask, "I've researched extensively and found that I like Gigabyte mobo's because of....and ASUS offers....". The first question shows that you haven't done anything to research or understand the answer you'll get. The second question shows that you actually done some research and will understand the answers...in fact, you may not even need to ask the question.

Your question about processors kind of showed us that you aren't fluent in geek speak about hardware...you were provided a couple of links that could help...spend several hours/days there, its enlightening.

If you don't want to take the time to answer your own question...Dell's (among others) a great option for a new computer.
"A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons"
CrazyAlabamianLlama

Post by CrazyAlabamianLlama » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:25 pm

yeah i guess i suck at computer stuff...but...i have done some research on the ATI motherboards and the different graphics cards that they offer. My only problem is that i have no clue and at the moment do not have the time to sit and research everything about a motherboard cause things like the Northbridge and Southbridge confuse me and more on to the technical things of it.

Also what i know i need i have also resurched and spent time on and with several different computers. I am in the process of learning 3d drawings and animation with 3ds max7, and with Maya. I also have the complete Macromedia Studio 8 that i do Flash and Web Graphics with, and with my new toy i have Acid XMC 6.0 that i am trying to make my own music with my guitar and sound effects. Im big into strategy game like Myst URU and Black and White 2.

At the moment i have a 6 year old HP Pavilion a305w that i have upgrade the RAM to 1.5 gigs, and a processor speed of 2.70 Ghz. I have been looking to build my computer for some time now and i have done some of the nessasry research to get there but in my previous post i asked on opinion what motherboard would be good with the graphics cards that i have chosen cause there are people on this forum that know a hell of a lot more than me and i was looking in a hopeful direction of a good one.

Also i have looked at the dell computers and worked with dell computers and looked on the dell site but the one that i wanted and i thought would work for everything was 3500 dollars and i dont have that kind of money and building my own would build my understanding of alot of thing.

But thanks for your help i will take into consideration everything you said and will do more research rather than bug yall.

Thanks again,
Chris
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:52 pm

Chris, Rocketdork is really putting it in a much gentler fashion than most would. What you're asking for is too big a question to get random advice on. Most of us have spent better than decades (centuries if you're Bio) collecting what we know and its just not something you can package up in bite-size morsels in a forum.

Also, most of us are the go-to-guys/gals for computer questions for everyone who knows us, to say nothing of the fact that we make a living off of our computer knowledge. I know you don't know this, so I'm telling you so you do know: asking us a question this big is flat-out rude. Its like walking into a forum of doctors and prodding them for free medical advice. Its the reason no one was answering you the first time.

But now you know, and as G.I. Joe says....
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance