Quick impression of iPhone

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Quick impression of iPhone

Post by eddiecanuck » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:57 pm

So sure it's been out for a while, but I just played around with one for the first time today. Now I saw the video of Apple's into to it and saw all the funky things it could do. But I never really believed it would look that good when I got it in my hands. Well I have to say WOW. It really is a slick little device. Now I didn't use the phone functionality of it as it wasn't my phone and I'm not about to burn up a friends minutes. But I did play with the browser, photo viewer, iPod, calendar (a bit), as well as the keyboard. And I'm impressed all the way around. I thought for sure the keyboard would suck, but really, compared to the devices with the physical QWERTY on them, this is as good, maybe better than some. Apple appears to have put a ton of thought into this. The browser alone is worth it. I'm using a Treo with Windows Mobile 5.0 and while I love it cause of all you can do. The short comings of the OS are really irritating. Especially when Apple comes along and shows what a mobile OS can really do. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm so tied to Verizon, I'd SERIOUSLY think about switching. Especially if they can do better at integrating the Exchange server fucntionality so I could sync with Outlook. All in all a great little device. Just my 2 cents. Fire at will.
Moxie
forum courtesean

Post by Moxie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:35 pm

"Eccentrics are individuals whose rich imaginations outstrip their
surroundings." -Lord Whimsy