My new toys (no not that kind)

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

My new toys (no not that kind)

Post by eddiecanuck » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am

So, because I have probably the greatest wife in the world and she understands my need, nay my yearning for new toys, gadgets and electronics, I have purchased both of these in the last 2 months:

A new cell phone

and

A NEW iPod Video (Black)

The Treo, in my opinion, is a wonderful toy. If you are looking for a phone with good PDA funtionality (and are a Windows user) this is the one for you. Integrates seamlessly with my Outlook info. So I only need to have contacts in one spot now. And all my appointments are readily available. Also, I have the data plan and can send/receive emails. This is mostly going to be useful when my wife goes on the road for work, it helps us keep in touch better as when she's on the road I don't know when I can call her as her work hours vary. The camera is even decent for a phone camera. Works pretty well in the sunlight, indoor/night time conditions not as good.

The video iPod is well, a work of art. 60GB of space. I've already burned Revenge of the Sith to it (came out as 1.2GB). The video is excellent on it. So my wife will take my 20GB iPod for her use. The challenge will be to see how much I can put on it. Did I mention 60 GIGABYTES.
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:46 am

I'm picking one up, but I'm waiting til later this month when they unleash this beauty:

That's widescreen, plus touchscreen tech built in. I'm a bit concerned about scratching the living hell out of it, but I think my relationship with it would be more benign than I am with my music ipod, mostly because I wouldn't be using it for audio at all. Just video, while I would keep my 30G for audio.

Of course it'll probably be a couple months before I can actually get my hands on it at all.
Last edited by miftah on Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Um, WOW. Just found the pictures for the iPod AV on that site and I'm impressed. The whole think is a touchpad screen. That's awsome. Would love to hear what you think about it if/when you get one.
Encap
Mourner of flies

Post by Encap » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:01 pm

So far anything that's come of that has been lies and damn dirty lies.

Though, if so many people are out there making photoshop prototypes for them, I wouldn't be suprised if apple goes ahead and manufactures it.

When the facts become legend, you print the legend.
bugfreezer
Arthropoda Cryogenicist

Post by bugfreezer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:32 pm

Gee MacRumors sure keeps an eye on linkers, eh?

At least they did not use one of Bio's infamous images
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
- Sir Winston Churchill
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:06 pm

Oh MacRumors, now I just stole the picture outright. I don't want to hurt you baby, but sometimes, you just make me so angry.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance