Batman Begins

Reviews of movies, music, hardware, or whatever.
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Batman Begins

Post by eddiecanuck » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:17 am

My take?? Great!
Instead of just trying to put some big name actor in a suit surrounded by visual effects, they put a good actor in a suit and surrounded him by not only a good story, but a great supporting cast; Neeson, Oldman, Freeman, Caine.
When I first started seeing pics of the suit and hearing rumblings of what was going on I was skeptical. I mean after the whole Batman Forever and Batman & Robin fiascos I was thinking they had successfully killed the franchise. But they have definitely redeemed themselves on this one. They focused on the main character, Batman. They focused on his story, how he came to be, why he does what he does and how he copes with it. It was dark and scary and everything a Batman movie should be. And they set things up great for future movies, I love the nod at the end to the potential next villian.

Anyway, just my opinion. There were things I didn't like so much but the good far out weighed the bad. My wife loved it and she's not a huge superhero movie fan.
The biggest thing I didn't like was where I was sitting :)
We got there a little late for a movie that is in it's opening weekend so we ended up way too close to the front and all the way to the right. So the action scenes were a little hard to figure out. So of course that means I have to go see it again. :)
Painted

Post by Painted » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:26 pm

I agree, it was a very good movie...now I am waiting for the fantastic four.
ZeroG Gunner
Crítico De la Película

Batman Begins – Review

Post by ZeroG Gunner » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:15 pm

I have to admit something… before watching this movie, I wasn’t very excited about it, nor did I have any high expectations about it. I thought the previews were lame and I was dreading that it’d be as cheesy as the other Batman movies. However, after watching it, I’d have to say – OMFG WAS I WRONG!

Batman Begins is an absolutely phenomenal movie. The action sequences were 1st rate, the acting was sublime (esp. Liam Neeson), the story was dark instead of comical, and best of all – THE ENTIRE THING WAS BELIEVABLE! The way that Bruce Wayne transforms himself into Batman is totally 100% believable! I didn’t think that was possible with a super-hero movie.
Since it opened, I have seen Batman Begins 3 times and I will definitely watch it again and again, just as I do with Spiderman 1 & 2... which, IMHO are right on par with Batman Begins in terms of overall movie awesomeness.

All in all, I'd give this movie 5 STARS. Re-watch value: High
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:21 pm

Watching this film is on my list of things to do.

From what I've seen and heard, it depicts Batman as what he is... a somewhat disturbed man with a hardcore case of personal demons.

I'm also looking forward to Herby, Fully Loaded.

Or not... you make the call.
"That's What"
- She