And speaking of server outages...

Where to report problems with the forum so that they might be fixed.
bio
Resident Junky

And speaking of server outages...

Post by bio » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:02 pm

The server has crashed twice today with a "kernel panic".

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but from his description, it sounds like the power supply is over-heating the system.

Great.

Looks like i may be making an emergency purchase tonight.
"That's What"
- She
Pigman

Post by Pigman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:31 pm

Another round of donations? I got some if it would help...
(being as you now have a new car to feed) 8)
Eve
Aussie Stalker Babe

Post by Eve » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:54 am

My kernel has been panicking for about two years now and then, but it doesn't crash thank goodness. (I see it in the logs)

I have kept it up to date, all but updating the kernel, so maybe it's time I do it. Scary stuff tho!
Locked in a room with you, 2 tigers and a gun with 2 bullets, I'd shoot you twice.
Grumpy Old Woman.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:17 am

We still have to update the kernel on my box as well for multi-processor support (still just running on the single processor).

Yeah... there's a huge "to-do" list for the server. It's all about making time to get it done, I guess.

It is, however, all updated and patched for everything except the kernel. I'll get on it one of these days.

The power supply doesn't seem to be bad... I just think the case is building up too much heat. I'm going to power it down, cut a blow hole in the top, and install another fan. That should take care of it.

In the meantime... I've been running it with the door off. That seems to keep it cool.
"That's What"
- She
Pigman

Post by Pigman » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:13 am

I was being serious about laying some more bread on ya. Your server fees are probably the best on Earth...