70%
Colecovision is teh bomb!
No votes

Total votes: 10
bio
Resident Junky

OMG XBOX BIG!

Post by bio » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:38 am

With the arrival of Microsoft's XBOX 360, the shopping frenzy is on.

Did you get one or are you planning on it?
"That's What"
- She
eddiecanuck
resident canuck

Post by eddiecanuck » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:43 am

Not only no, but hell no. $400 is WAY too much for something that is ONLY used to play games. I'd rather spend the money fixing up my PC and wait for a couple years for the price to come way down, as it did with the first XBox. In the meantime, I will watch the carnage with my popcorn in hand. It'll kinda be like the gladiator days, only it'll be set at Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:02 pm

eddiecanuck wrote:Not only no, but hell no. $400 is WAY too much for something that is ONLY used to play games.
It actually does a lot more than just play games.

It's a progressive scan DVD player with HDTV capabilities, a head end interface to a Windows XP Media Center machine (if you have one), a photo slide show viewer (which can read images from your digital camera or pull them from a Windows XP pc on the network), yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm still not buying one (my kids aren't even interested)... but it is is far more than just a game console.

I'd rather spend the money on my PC... which has far superior graphics, more drive space, and I don't have to use a stupid controler to play games (I'm old school.... give me a keyboard and mouse any day).
"That's What"
- She