I gots no website

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

I gots no website

Post by bio » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:45 am

For the first time since 1994, I'm without a personal website.

I made a mistake with my long term disability company, sending them an email from my toneparsons.com domain... so I had to shut it off completely. This stems from an accusation that I was working from home because they found an anthonyparsons.com site (the guy lives in Australia).

This makes me sad.
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Re: I gots no website

Post by miftah » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 am

I don't understand how this is working from home. You aren't monetizing any of the content on that site. Or does the cafe press stuff from wwbd somehow count?

Your ToneParsons.com site was a blog site. People on disabilities aren't allowed to blog? How is that legal? You don't sell off your right freedom of speech being on disability. Is it because you were detailing the many ways your insurance company was screwing you over on it? I think I would have a chat with Washington's insurance commissioner's office. Your company has already shown themselves to be shady and not above crap like this.
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bugfreezer
Arthropoda Cryogenicist

Post by bugfreezer » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:49 am

Well, that explains a lot...I'm with miftah - call the insurance commission ASAP.

Shucks, the guy doesn't even look like you...and we knows that you are teh sexy!
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
- Sir Winston Churchill
ZIPPER
fly guy

Post by ZIPPER » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:11 pm

bio wrote:For the first time since 1994, I'm without a personal website.

This makes me sad.
Your home page made me sad :(
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help. " -- Ronald Reagan
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:19 pm

miftah wrote:I don't understand how this is working from home. You aren't monetizing any of the content on that site. Or does the cafe press stuff from wwbd somehow count?
It's because they're a bunch of fuckers who will take any excuse to cut off my benefits. This has been proven in the past, and I'm sure it will be proven again.

The truly sad part about this is.... I'm a customer, not some freeloader. I PAID for this insurance and am simply asking them to honor the agreement. At every turn, it's been a total nightmare.

*sigh*

The site is still there, it's just masked for the moment.... but it's truly weird to be without a personal site for the first time since the web was born.
"That's What"
- She
miftah
le moth

Post by miftah » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 pm

May I recommend a darkweb solution? Passed as a link to important and interested parties?
"Fear of the bee means the honey is for me" - Jhonn Balance
bio
Resident Junky

Post by bio » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 pm

That's an idea.

I had also thought of setting it up as a sub-domain.... whatever.toneparsons.com or something similar. That way I've still got it up and they won't know about it.

Living in fear sucks.
"That's What"
- She