Damaged People Welcome and Rules

A place for anything and everything.
bio
Resident Junky

Damaged People Welcome and Rules

Post by bio » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:20 pm

Welcome to the Damaged People Forum! It's narcissistic as hell, but I like it.

Feel free to post to your hearts content. I invite any suggestions you might have. If they don't suck, I'll think about implementing them.

Anyone can read most the forum (there are some private bits), but to post you'll need to register.

Ok... now to the rules and stuffs:
  • Using this forum is a privilege
    Posting here is not your right, and if you act like a smacktard, the privilege can be revoked by any admin at any time, for any reason.

If you post like an idiot, bad things will happen to you. You may not cry or whine if this happens. The internet is a big place, find another board.
    Registration is an automated process... simply put in your information and a valid email address. Once you hit "submit", an email with an activation link will be sent to the email address you gave (hint: fake email address = no access).

THE DOMAINS OF "DISPOSABLE" EMAIL ADDRESSES WILL NOT WORK! If you have a "disposable" email address (ie: Guerrilla Mail, Mailinator, etc.), don't bother creating an account, as I've banned every domain I can find that offers this kind of service. You need a REAL address, and you'll need to check it to verify your account.

If you're registering simply to post a link to your crap spam website, dont' bother. All accounts are reviewed from time to time (new ones get looked at when an admin gets on... and we do that all day every day). If you set a link in your profile to a website we don't like for any reason... your account is removed and we'll put a ban on your IP and domain. No bitching if this happens.

One last note on registration: If an account is created but isn't activated or used within 48 hours, it gets kicked into the ether.
  • Age Restriction:
    You must be 18 or older... period. Anyone who joins who isn't a minimum of 18 gets their account kicked to the curb and their email address (and possibly IP address) banned. This goes for people who are over 18 but post like they're 12. We're adults, and we expect you to be and act like one as well.
    Some people are of the theory that avatars are at the very core of what's wrong with the universe. That may be true, but on this forum, everyone is expected to have one. If you don't have one, one will be assigned to you. No bitching about your assigned avatar... even if it's beyond lame. If you don't like it, find one yourself.
  • Posting:
    When you clicked the "I agree" button on the Registration Agreement Terms, you said you would post like you had more than two brain cells floating around in half a quart of diet cola. We will hold you to that. We also reserve the right to modify, delete, or ignore any post for any reason.

There are a few different forums on this site. You will post what you have to say in the appropriate place (jokes go into "Jokers Grotto", reviews go in "What's Your Take", etc.). Failure to do so will cause great irritation to the admins, and they will crush you like the bug you are.
    If you won't email it to your mother, you probably shouldn't post it here. There is a fine line between funny and tasteless, learn to recognize it! First offence: admins will change the images to something more appropriate.
    2nd offence: admins will delete the post without notification
    3rd offence: Permaban from the board.

There is no metric other than the admin's decision. There is no appeals process. Accept it or move on.
  • Behavior
    We play nice for the most part. We might say a naughty word here and there, but for the most part the forum should be work safe. If you don't agree with something someone's said, feel free to show your side.... in an intelligent and articulate manner.
  • IF YOU CAN'T HAVE A DISCUSSION AS AN ADULT ABOUT RELIGION OR POLITICS WITHOUT GETTING ANGRY, LEAVE THOSE SUBJECTS ALONE!
    Those two subjects have a tendancy to explode... big time! If you feel that you seriously want to dive into those murky waters, I suggest you do it on Facebook where you unfriended everyone who didn't agree with your views. Much safer that way!

Try not to resort to name calling (or we will mock you and silence you). One more thing... racism/sexism/homophobia/etc. are all unacceptable under any circumstance and will get you a swift kick in the gonads by the admins (followed, of course, by a permanent ban)
  • Problems:
    Contact bio or miftah if you have any problems (if they don't answer and you're completely desperate, contact gooch and pray he doesn't fuck it up too badly) . We will review the issue and take whatever action we deem necessary to rectify the problem. Thus said action may not be exactly what you want, but we are the admins, and you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
---------------------------
All rules are subject to change at any time without notice. All rights reserved. Rinse, lather, repeat. Value 1/20th of one cent. Void where prohibited. If it looks like a taco, eat it.

Edit: May 10, 2007
Edit: Dec 6, 2019
Edit: July 10, 2020